Thursday, September 14, 2017

Where's My Key?




Where’s My Key?

There is a line in a song that talks about being outside the gate and not feeling worthy to come inside. There are so many out there that are feeling that way. We have either lived our whole lives apart from God or we have been Christians and then sin has led us away from Him. These circumstances leave us feeling guilty, ashamed, unworthy. The Lord wants nothing more than for us to come inside.

“Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
 John 10:7-10

This scripture tells us that Jesus is the gate. He not only allows us to enter, but He also protects us from harm. He gave His life for us so that we may be forgiven for our sins. Lucky for us, the gate to the Kingdom has a universal key that is available to everyone. The key to entering is within us – if we make the decision to turn to Jesus, repent and ask Him to be our Savior, then the gate will open to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment