Sunday, September 10, 2017

Oh, the Waiting


Oh, the Waiting!
Have you ever prayed about something (and prayed and prayed), but the Lord seemingly wasn’t listening or He was just taking His time about answering.  I’m sure you have heard people say that God works in His own time.  Have you ever thought that maybe He is actually waiting on you? 
There have often been times in my life when I wasn’t living the way I should – not in a way that was pleasing to God.  During those times it often feels like God is far away from me.  Looking back now I realize that I was the one that was far away.  He was right there waiting all along.  He was waiting for me to get my act together so He could shower His many blessings upon me.  As I look back I see that as soon as I drew near to Him and started praying and reading my Bible, the blessings would rain down on me. 
The Lord is a mystery to most of us.  We really don’t know everything about how He thinks or works, but I have a feeling He spends a lot of time waiting on us.  It is kind of like your parents sitting there waiting on a call from you.  How many times do we let them down?  How many hours do parents spend waiting on their children?  They wait for us to get home at night when we are teenagers.  They wait for us to call when we are adults.  God isn’t much different, I’m sure.  He continually waits for us to call to Him, to invite Him to be a part of our lives.
So, next time you think God is taking forever to answer us for some need we have, stop and look at your life.  Are you including Him in it?  Who is really waiting, you or God?



Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for him!”  Isaiah 30:18

No comments:

Post a Comment