Sunday, September 24, 2017

Let It Go



Let It Go


I am someone that is deathly afraid of heights. If you put me up on anything taller than a step stool, I’m freaking out a little bit. I’ve tried numerous times to climb a ladder and every time I get to the top I am hanging on for dear life! I’m so afraid to even let go of the ladder because I’m afraid I’ll fall. Are any of you hanging on for dear life? No, I don’t mean hanging on to the ladder. I’m talking about hanging on to worldly things.

It’s not easy giving everything up to follow Jesus, is it? I’m sure many of you are having a tough time giving things up. There was once a time in my life when I was only living half-hearted for God. I would go to church on Sunday, sit and listen to the sermon, and put on a good face that I was a believer. As soon as I walked out the doors, I would not think about the Lord or His plans for me until the next Sunday morning. Are you living this way? Are there worldly things that you are hanging onto for dear life? The things you just don’t want to give up for Him? Are there things you like to do, watch, read, or buy that you just don’t want to let go of? What about your time? Is it too valuable to give up for His work?

There was a time in my life when these things all came before God. Change is hard, but a life lived for the Lord is totally worth it. When you are willing to change for Him, then He will show you His power in so many ways. The first time you truly get to see His power you will be awestruck, amazed, and humbled! So, just let it go and let God show you his amazingness!

I'm still changing and growing, it's not like a light switch, it doesn't happen overnight.  Getting closer to the Lord and leaning on Him will keep us on the right path!

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment