Monday, October 16, 2017

Weary



Weary

Doing good is not always easy. It seems that no matter what we do there will always be people that won’t understand why you are doing good. Maybe they have never set out to just intentionally do something good for someone else. Maybe they are the receiver of the good that you are doing, and they have never been on the receiving end of a deed such as this. No matter what others may think, do not grow weary! Continue to do these good deeds and spread the Lord’s love to all of those around you. 

You may sometimes question your own sanity at continuing these acts of love and kindness when you just keep getting dumped on and badmouthed by those who don’t understand. Just because the world may think that you have some kind of ulterior motive and you can’t possibly just love the Lord so much that you want to spread His word and His love, doesn’t mean that the Lord doesn’t understand. Jesus sees you and He knows you. He knows your heart and He knows those that are His TRUE FOLLOWERS. He knows the difference between those that love Him and those that just say they are His.

It is easy to grow weary. Earlier this year, I had the awesome opportunity to take a mission trip to Haiti. Before you start to think that I am going to gloat about being in the mission field, I want to clue you in that this is about my own failings! After what seemed like a never-ending ride in the back of a dump truck and visualizing the true poverty of this country, I was weary and just kept thinking, “This place is beyond help.” I was seriously asking myself (and my husband), “Why are we here?” “What good can we do?”

The very next morning, we went to breakfast and the pastor shared a devotional with us. The first words out of his mouth were: “Do not grow weary in doing good.” I was so moved that tears came to my eyes! It was as if God was speaking directly to me. As the week went on, I realized in so many ways that God was speaking to me. So many amazing and wonderful things happened that week. God was there in that place! His presence was so strong that when the last day came, I didn’t want to leave. 
 I’m so thankful for these words:
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment