Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Sinners...like me!



Sinners…like me!

The first time I read through the Bible, several years ago, I remember realizing how imperfect David was. I was amazed that the Lord could use someone with so many flaws to reach others, especially after reading the book of Psalms. Now I totally get it. God never does anything without a purpose. He often chooses flawed people to carry His word to others. 

In recent years I’ve felt the Lord’s urging toward helping others. At first I couldn’t wrap my mind around the things He was calling me to. A mission trip to Haiti, for example, was never something I felt even worthy to do. For many years of my life I didn’t feel like I deserved to represent Christ because of all of the mistakes in my past. The Lord, if you let Him, will completely change your way of thinking, though. Once we realize that He reaches out to sinners, just like me, and uses our faults and scars to reach others, anything seems possible. 

Most of us, when we are still in our sin, don’t really want to hear what Christians have to say. We don’t want to talk to someone who seems perfect, or that makes us feel “less than” because of our sins. Isn’t that why the Lord chooses to use those who aren’t perfect? Those of us who lost our way but finally found God’s roadmap can see from another’s point of view. We can see what they are going through, help them find forgiveness, and lead them down the path that finally got us to God. 

Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
Luke 5:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment